Pan Munster U 18 Cup Quarter Final
Sunday 12th March 2017
Killballowen Park Bruff

Bruff RFC. 10
Tralee RFC. 13

Cup rugby at its best. Tralee RFC had a wonderful victory in a pulsating match played in sticky conditions in South Limerick to reach the semi final of the cup. The home team owned the ball in the first 20 minutes of the match but couldn't breach our line as our defence was just terrific and clinical. Wave and wave of attack was met by brick walls from our lads.

It would be hard to single any of them out as every one stood up to the plate and fought like men for every ball. During those twenty minutes ferocious tackles were made by Michael Leen Vega, Jordan O'Shea, captain Mikey Lyne, Joe Quilter, Robbie Murphy, Chris Lowe, Stephen Benjamin, Hugh Healy, Jeaic O'Suilleabhan, Chris Lowe, David Boyle, Tim Kelliher, Cian Hill, Joseph O'Connor and twins Eoin and Liam O'Malley. Leaders everyone of them. They showed their belief in themselves and backed themselves and never panicked and took the correct decision most of the time. Joseph O'Connor intercepted a Bruff attack and worked the ball up the field. Sooon afterwards Cian Hill sold a lovely dummy was taken out on the 22 where we were awarded a penalty. Joseph converted to leave us up 3 nil with a few minutes of the first half on the clock. Bruff did breach our line to score a try, which wasn't converted to leave us trailing 5 to 3 at the break. Alan Boyle, Ciaran Carmody and Garreth Walsh spoke to the boys in calm manner at the break and let them know that the game was there for the taking and that our defence was as good as anyone's left in the competition. Again the hosts came at us hard in the second half but we didn't wilt. We dealt with their attack and made our way into their 22 when we were awarded another penalty at the right hand side or the grounds. Joseph stepped up and spilt the posts to put us 6 to 5 after about 10 minutes of play. Then came the score of the match, after another fabulous scrum, the ball came out to our very influential out half, Cian Hill, who kicked a beauty towards the corner, from the half way line, and Hugh Healy ran onto it and with a smashing pick up from the floor beat his opposite number and scored a cracker in the corner. Joseph converted from the touchline to leave us up 13 points to 5 with about 12 minutes left. The hosts came at us again but we kept our cool and defended for our lives. Bruff did get another in the corner but we held on for a famous victory. We now play next Sunday the semi final in Charleville. Alan Boyle, coach of Tralee, said afterwards,' we trained really well during the week and we knew from them that they were up for it. I thought our defence was magnificent today. We very effective in our tackle and our scrum was top class. The boys worked their socks off and they deserved their victory. We are looking forward now to the semi final next weekend. It was great to see all the support at the match and it gave the boys a mighty lift when they needed it. The bench were also magnificent. Joseph Benjamin and Lachlann Morrisson were terrific when they came on'
Thanks to Bruff RFC for the hospitality after the match.
Team and Panel:

Robbie Murphy, Jordan O'Shea, Stephen Benjamin, Chris Lowe, Michael Leen Vega, David Boyle, Tim Keliher, Mikey Lyne {Capt}, Liam O'Malley, Cian Hill, Joseph O'Connor, Joe Quilter, Jeaic O'Suilleabhain, Eoin O'Malley, Eoghan O'Buachalla, Conor Murphy, Paul Lenihan, Joseph Benjamin, Lachlann Morrisson, Jack Dolan and Ger Tansley, Lee O Beirne, Donal Dillane.